Pages

Michele Celentano

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Exerspy

Exerspy....
What is exerspy? It’s a device that will track my calorie burn every minute of the day and monitor the efficiency of my sleep.  Pretty cool, huh?
Along with the online dotfit program I will be able to keep accurate records of calories out and calories in each day.  For those wanting to loose weight this is an amazing tool.
There are four sensors on the device that when in contact with your skin measures your calorie burn for every activity of the day.  The monitor attaches to an arm band the sits comfortably on your left bicep.
Honestly I though it would bother me but it is really comfortable. 
I decided to use it for this show training cycle so I could be more accurate in calorie counting and burning.  
Each day I will log into my dotfit account and add in my food log. It will automatically add up my calories in and calories out and provide a projected weight loss or gain for the day/week.
Today is my first day wearing it.  I did not have it on for my morning workout at 6 am.  I set it up and put it on at about 8 this morning so today won’t be as accurate as tomorrow.  I am pretty curious about how accurate it will be and if it helps to keep me on track.  I think knowing the numbers will really help.
If according to my goals I need to eat 1400 calories and day and burn 2100.... Keeping track of my food will keep calories in on target and knowing I have to burn 2100 and being able to see where I am for the day - well, it seems like a no brainer to me. 
Weight loss, maintenance and even weight gain is a numbers game....  (that’s not the health part of the equation - just numbers)
You can choose to eat 1500 calories a day in doughnuts and burn 2100 at the gym... You will most likely loose weight if you don’t take in any other calories.  You would probably eat 4.5 doughnuts, be hungry the rest of the day and feel like crap.
However if you eat 1500 clean calories (fruit, veggies, low fat dairy, egg white, whole grain breads and lean protein...) a day you would be eating a ton of food all day, feel really good, have plenty of energy and loose weight if you are burning 2100 calories a day.  
Well, I’ll keep you posted.
Official “show” training will begin in about 2 weeks but I have already doubled up on my workouts and I have been feeling the pain.  
In order to get my body more balanced (for the show- I’m just fine the way I am for “normal” life)  my legs need to be a bit leaner and my upper body a little bigger.  I have always been smaller on top and heavier on bottom.  So, more heavy lifting for my upper body and more interval sprinting to get those legs leaner.
Heavy lifting hurts!  I am sore, but it’s getting better.  By the time the diet kicks in I’ll be laser focused and ready to go.


No comments:

Post a Comment